Sunday, March 14, 2010

Week Ten

Its offically spring outside so no more treadmill training for me. It's getting close to the race and I really need to start training outside, on the pavement with hills so I can get used to it! I got my map for the race in Central Park, it wraps around the park twice then starts up a third lap before finishing out. It even shows where the water and gatorade stations are...and most important apparently, the restrooms! Sweet!

Day 28, March 9: Allison and I met up after work to do a run around post. I left my car up at Michie and jogged down to her place, picked her up then we started our journey. Back up the hill past Michie, down Stony, through Cadet area back to Allison's house. By then I was EXHAUSTED, and forgot I had to run back up the hill to get my car. Rats. I ran 4.47 miles in 43:29, average 5.31 and 11:16 mile time! Whoa, faster than I thought. Love this running outdoors gig.

Day 29, March 11: First time running outside alone. Thought there would be a motivation factor with that and turns out I was right. I slowed down and walked a little more, but overall finished and that is the important thing! I ran 5.52 miles in 1 hour and 3 minutes, speed of 5.19 and mile time 11:33 average! I'm feeling more confident in my running abilities, and the farther I go the more I know I can finish this race!

Day 30, March 13: 30 days I've ran (mostly), thats an entire months worth of runs, not too bad! It was POURING down rain when I woke up in the morning, I could here it pitterpattering on my skylights. I was contemplating going to the gym to do my run, but I knew I was suppose to do a long run. Then my friend reminded me where I was from, and the fact that it rains 9 months out of the year there. Dur. So i grabbed my gear, but on my hot pink running zippy and headed out. I decided to veto the big Mills hill, since nothing that crazy is in Central Park, and picked a nice hilly route. I ran from my house all the way to Keller Hospital and back, 7.43 miles later and I had succeeded. I ran it in 1 hour and 23 minutes. NO IDEA HOW I DID THAT. Especially since I ran 6.23 miles the previous saturday only 6 minutes faster. 11:16 mile, 5.32mph. Obviously I'm running a lot faster off the treadmill. My race is SIX WEEKS AWAY, so it's almost game time!

No comments:

Post a Comment