Monday, June 7, 2010

New Week

Only a few weeks left until I start my actual marathon training, so this week is a new week. I thought about it this weekend, as two of my dear friends ran their first half marathons. It's going to be a great summer, getting up early to run around West Point with just my iPod blasting worship and Jesus by my side. Sounds like a pretty darn good summer to me! The Sunday after my 27th birthday starts cross training, so will take ideas on what to cross train with! Swimming, biking, possibilities are endless! I'm excited to really get into this, to become a runner, to become an ATHLETE again. It's such a rush to finish a long run, to know what has just been accomplished. It's HARD, but it's totally worth it when you're done, when you make it back home and get to have all your thoughts cleared, and grab a giant glass of chocolate milk :) It will be a time to think, to get ready for the day and have some energy to help throughout the day. This will be FUN!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you, Lil! Following your progress on here will be so fun!

    ReplyDelete