Saturday, June 26, 2010

Starting all over...

I guess this weekend is my last official weekend before everything starts. I woke up this morning and read some of my Marathon book. It's written by this guy who's ran over 110 marathons in his life, and he's really motivating. I am so excited to embark on this 18 week journey. Four and a half months of preparation to see a finish line at the end of 26 miles and 385 yards. In WASHINGTON DC. I've taken some time off since the half (look at me, sounding like an athlete) and I'm ready. I'm ready to put on my shoes (new Nike LunarGlides thank you daddy!) and run out the door. I"m ready to do my easy runs and pull myself through the hard ones. Get up on days I really don't want to because I know I will end up wanting to. I'm crazy, I'm fully aware of that. And I love it. So....here we go...Monday marks the 18 week countdown and I will be updating this (I promise) on all the aspects of my version of training for a full marathon. So...let's begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment