Friday, June 8, 2012

Week one

And it begins again. Chicago training started this week, which was a little tricky since I was on vacation on the east coast. This morning I got up and ran 3 miles on the Burke-Gillman trail in Seattle. It was about 45 degrees outside so not too bad! My boyfriend got me the Garmin 610 so I get to play with a watch again. Hopefully this one won't stay in Ohio.
Tomorrow I will try to run 5, then 3 again on Sunday. I have a half marathon in two weeks in Seattle, nervous since my training hasn't been up to par, but it will be nice to get out and race again! This move and transition has been quite the learning experience, but hopefully I'll slip back into my routine.
I go a puppy a couple months ago, can't wait till he's old enough to run with me. Right now it's mostly entertaining because he's 3 months and a bundle of energy, so he gets puppy training soon. I don't need to be pulled on the trail. Actually, now that I think about it that doesn't sound too bad after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment