Thursday, May 24, 2012

May - 4 weeks till first race

This year is getting pretty busy as I start to settle into a running routine. Having all my races and training flow into each other is great to keep me consistant with my motivation, and as I realized the Seattle Rock n'Roll half was looming upon me, and I'd like a halfway decent time (or at least to be my PR), I should actually be running. Makes sense! Doing my long runs on the weekend, but not running really during the week is not a smart decision. I believe to be a great runner and to just be in decent shape you should be running more and just getting your legs and feet and body used to the pavement and the motions it takes to move forward. Running should be a routine thing, just the same as making coffee every morning. For me anyway, coffee is just something I do every day. I get up at the crack of dawn with the new puppy, so I might as well take advantage of the early morning wake up call. Four weeks until the first race! And Chicago training starts before that, which is just crazy! The countdown to the race is just 135 days....that are going to fly by. We bought our plane tickets last night, so everything is coming together!

No comments:

Post a Comment