Thursday, June 28, 2012

Race and training!

Chicago training started a few weeks ago...and in my quest to run 50 races in 50 states I also ran the Seattle Rock and Roll half marathon on Saturday. Since I was suppose have a long run anyway I figure I might as well get a medal for it!

Was worried about the weather, but the rain held off and it turned into a great climate for a race in Seattle! I was kind of worried since my training has been somewhat slacking lately, but the race went better than expected and my first four miles or so I was actually running under a 10 min pace, which is great for me! I ended up finishing in 2:22:52, and my former PR was 2:23:25 so I PR'ed again! Still aiming for that 2:10 mark, but I'll take any PR I can get.

My favorite parts of the race was when I ran past a bunch of high school cheerleaders and they turned out to be from my former high school! That gave me a boost of energy for a stretch. The second part was toward the end when I saw my dad and my puppy! Probably wasted a few seconds giving puppy a kiss, but totally worth it.

Right before the end my boyfriend jumped out of the crowd and ran with me for a few! What a great feeling to have him support (even though he DID finish the race almost an hour before me, ha ha). I was focused on getting to the finish line before my time, but always happy to have my manfriend keep me company.
FANTASTIC photo of me crossing the finish line, I need to order it still, but I'm giving the thumbs up with a cheesy grin on my face. Better than a grueling face I guess!

This week is a 3, 6 and 3 during the week and 11 miler this weekend. Did my 6 today during lunch and it was about 10 degrees hotter than I was expecting....but no humidity so I won that one! On to the weekend and just keep runnin'

No comments:

Post a Comment