Thursday, May 6, 2010

Starting the pre-training...

Well, here it goes. I got my rest now it's back on track to running. I like it. I like the running, the freedom I get, the chance to escape from life for a while, throw on my iPod and go. It's hard to get back into the grove of things though, I feel like my next race is so far out, but I know I need to continue my milage to keep that momentum going.

I love my Nike+ sportband. It tracks my time, milage, and pace. I can just plug it into my computer and it will upload it to the website and keep track of everything. AND the more I run, the more my cute little mini gets active. It's a win-win really.

I did my first run after the half on May 1st, just to see how it would go. I ran 1.49 miles in 16:39 and ran at a 11:07 pace. Not too bad, just wanted a light run to see how it'd go.

On Sunday, May 2nd I got up early and ran 4 miles. AWESOME to do it before Church, and throw on my worship music. Running with Jesus? Can't get better than that!! I finished in 38:09 and ran a 9:33 minute pace. WHAT?? It felt so smooth and easy. If I can continue training at that pace, I could run my next half and easily knock off my time! PR here I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment