Thursday, January 21, 2010

Week Three

So technically I am on week four in terms of my training guide, but my real week one was the first of the year and I went snowboarding for the first time this season....13 weeks until the race so I'm still good :)

Day 7, Jan 19: I've gotten past my forgetfulness of hitting pause and not going again fast enough...for now. Ran a little bit faster because I'm not really feeling the workout anymore, I am, just not at what I'd like. 4.8 speed so mile was 12:40 and 2 mile was 25:09. I like the pace so I might keep it at that for a while. The stretching after helps so much, I'm hardly sore at all anymore! Remembering little things from my track days like not to swing my arms in front of me (criss crossing across my body) because it swings the hips more, bad running form. My calves are holding up quite nicely, I had bad problems with that in track as well, but they're happy for the time being. I can't wait until I get my NIke+ braclet and can start running outside, I need a change of scenery away from the gym.....

Day 8, Jan 21: Thursday nights have been Hannah goes to the gym on her own days, which is good because it pushes me to still go, not just the guilt of someone is waiting for me. The gym wasn't too packed, which was weird since on Tuesday I had to wait for a treadmill. I grabbed one of the last treadmills in the row, it was different from the others. COOLEST TREADMILL EVER. It has this screen on it with a 400 meter track and will show you your distance, how many laps and such. Perfect for a former sprinter who measures distance in laps anyway! This was definaly a motivation!! It had all these cords I didn't pay too much attention to, I just set my speed (4.8) and went on my way. Average mile time 12:30, first mile was 12:50 and my two mile time was 25:19. When I finished my cooldown the treadmill asked if I wanted to save my info on a USB port. What? I was instantly intreged so I went to the front desk to ask more about this new technology. Turns out it syncs with...ta da! The Nike+ and my iPod! AWESOME! So if I plug this in it will store my data and I can upload it to my website. This morning I was playing with my iPod, checking out the settings and discovered I already have Nike+ uploaded on it...so now I don't even have to get the expensive wristband I can just get the sensor and start running outside! I'm going to try and get that same treadmill tomorrow for my Saturday run and start testing it out....

Day 9, Jan 23: The gym was having an all morning health and fitness expo so Allison and I went to check it out. We got to the gym about 8:30am and got a tour of the strenght equipment, and then they were doing a fitness class sampler, where you got to 'test out' the classes for 15 minutes each. The first one was body pump...baaaaad idea. We had 7 1/2 lb weights on either side and went through a class in the 15 minutes. I think I worked arm muscles I didn't even know existed. Honestly, they still hurt and it's Monday. We also did a spin class, but had to cut out of the rest of the classes to go do measurements and weigh-in. I know I don't need to lose weight, but it's all part of the process. 109.2lb, not too shabby! The guy thought I was 18, which was pretty entertaining and he didn't believe I'm actually 26. After the weigh-in we went and ran, my time was a little slower because I kept getting distracted in the beginning. Toward the end I dropped my iPod, it was still dangling on the earphone cord so I went to grab it, forgetting that I was still running at 4.8mph. Needless to say I almost fell off the treadmill and entertained Allison, and half the gym. Week four is a jump to 2.6 miles so here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment